Tuesday 11 October 2016

Winter Holly Merry Christmas

This card is my interpretation of one made when taking part in one of the fantastic Craftathon events hosted by Phill Martin.  As you can see, I changed the colour scheme and the central focal point as well as other minor changes to the layout.
My version


The card that I made at the Craftathon event.
 
I worked on a 20cm x 20cm base card and used a sheet of Frosty Sky paper from the Frosty Holly Premium Paper Pad by Phill Martin.  The outermost die from the Noble Double Pierced Squares set B was used to cut a piece of white card; to save using a second sheet of the patterned paper, I used the third square in to cut a panel from the centre of the large 8" x 8" sheet.  I stuck the white panel to the remains of the large sheet and trimmed all 4 sides, leaving a 1/4 inch mat of the patterned paper.  This was then stuck to the base card.  The patterned panel which had been cut from the centre was then stuck over the top.
The 4th and 7th dies (counting the outermost die as 1) were used to cut a white frame.  Initially, I had intended to use the Frosty Sky Colour Cloud to stamp the sentiments, but I felt that it was too pale, so instead used the Midnight Blue Artistry ink pad.  Using the Merry Christmas from the Holly Sentiment borders, I stamped along the bottom, then both sides of the frame (not inking up either end of the sentiment).  Finally, I stamped the full image along the top of the frame and added it to the card using foam pads.
For the central focal point, I stamped the insert frame and the Merry Christmas sentiment from the matching collection onto white card using the same Midnight Blue ink and cut it out.  This was glued flat in the centre.  
 








Three filigree poinsettias (the two smaller ones from the original set and the larger one from the additions set) were stamped onto vellum using Perfect Medium and heat embossed using the Frosty Sky lustre powder.  The back of the vellum was then coloured using the Midnight Blue ink and the three layers cut out, shaped and glued together.  A large gem was glued into the centre.  The two star spray dies designed by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions were cut from white card and added to the bottom left hand corner of the frame, topped by the poinsettia.  They looked a little bare, so I added some cosmic shimmer glue to the indented stars and sprinkled Martha Steward Lapis Lazuli glitter over the top.  The final touch was three pale blue gems in the top right hand corner of the white backing panel.




No comments: